Change Case Of Table Column Using Sql

In some situation you want to change case (Upper case to Lower case or Vice-Versa) of any table column data of your database using sql then LOWER() or  LCASE()  and UCASE() or  UPPER() is very useful sql keyword to fulfill your need. 

HOW TO USE :

If you want to change case of entire column data from upper to lower case or vise-versa then use below query


UPDATE my_table SET my_column = UPPER(my_column);
                   OR
UPDATE my_table SET my_column = UCASE(my_column); 
                   OR
UPDATE my_table SET my_column = LOWER(my_column);
                   OR
UPDATE my_table SET my_column = LCASE(my_column); 
 
 
If you like this post please don't forgot to notify me to post a comment .
 
Happy Coding guys :)
 


 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post